[compost_tea] My compost

From: Jack Hickman <jackhickman_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:27:12 -0000

First I want to thank everyone for helping this rookie.

I have some old compost(5 years). It was made from all of the left
over vegs.from the garden(not tomatoes)and lots of horse manure and straw.
Over the 5 year span I have used it on the garden.The size of the pile
was 12'by12'by 4'high.Where the pile was I planted tomatoes last
year.I have a new pile started,but it is not ready yet.
A fisherman gave me the heads from his catch last summer.It was 5
gallons of them.There is a small place at the end of my 5 year pile.I
made a hole about 2' by 2'in the very black compost.Put the fish heads
in it and covered them up.There is no smell or sight from the fish
heads Should I use that compost or a store bought one? Did I
understand you.I should not use composted manure.That is what the bag
is I bought at Walmart?
                           Again thanks
                              Jack

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor