Re: [compost_tea] Re: First Time

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 16:22:02 -0900
Nick,

Have not had any reports of leaves not falling here in Anchorage.

Sometimes this is known as Marcescent leaves....they wither, but don't
fall off. The cuticle that cuts the leaf off doesn't form, I believe.

There are also a number of diseases that will cause this....fungal
mostly and usually on fruit trees but they usually occur around
flowering and the fruit ends up dangling, too....I am curious as to
whether these are fruit trees or simply ornamentals.

Cheers,

jeff

Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row for the
Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links