Re: [compost_tea] Re: Re: My compost

From: Jack Hickman <jackhickman_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:21:52 -0600

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kirk Leonard
  To: Compost Tea Group
  Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:37 PM
  Subject: [compost_tea] Re: Re: My compost

  Well that leaves out the nursrey.The CP is always in the back under a she=
ad.
    Another question,what water temerture is best for ACP?
                         Jack

   very few organics, and the "compost" is hard to find in
  the back forty.. I don't think so... If they sell organic products up fro=
nt
  and can talk about the biology, where the compost came from, what's in it=
,
  I'd think it would be ok.

  Another thing I really like about compost tea is it doesn't take much goo=
  compost to make a bunch of good tea, and I firmly believe good tea can he=
lp
  not-so-good composts along.

  And yeah, Dave, big boxes can have decent products, Cedar Grove compost i=
  an example. If the product is local or from nearby that's a good sign. Al=
so
  good to know and trust what it's made from.

  Finally, Jack, Doc E's suggestion to contact an SFI advisor near you and =
ask
  about local compost resources is a good one, and I'm pretty sure they won=
't
  charge for that.:-)

  And I have a flip-side suggestion for the group -- if you know of a good
  compost source, tell an SFI advisor, hmm?

  It's Sunday, warming day here, want some rain, but other than appreciatio=
n I
  have nothing to do with SFI business, btw. One lab of many I've used, bu=
  more good compost and tea info than any other I know about.

  Kirk

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor