Re: [compost_tea] very disapointing soil test

From: Daniel Fury <danielfury_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:05:52 -0800 (PST)
> SFI methods tell you what is really there.  Isn't
> that what you need  to
> know?  Do you want SFI to be giving you false data
> so you can feel  good about
> your results, or do you want to know what is really
> there?

i have a HUGE ego to satisfy!  That requires HUGE
results damnit!  ;)  I understand what your saying
though but humility is so rarely practiced with people
in the professional world.  Its practially condemned
because the next guy to come around might convince
more people of his methods based only on his
confidence; doesnt mean he knows his arse from a hole
in the ground.

The dialogue between the advisor and I indicated that
the biology is far inferior to the compost and tea
that I apply.  She tests Alane Webers tea and compost
regularly, which is the tea and compost I use, and she
was very suprised to see how low my numbers were when
compared to the tea and compost numbers.  I obviously
got caught up in the ACT hype thinking our soiless
media would become colonized with little time.  I know
things arent sticking like they should though becuase
when we planted a plant directly into Alane's compost,
the results were a AMAZING!  So if her compost can
produce growth like we saw and our media ammended with
her compost and smothered in tea cannot, we've got
something to work on.

Thank your for explaing how coir repells organisms.
That is exactly what I needed to understand.  Im gonna
play with other mediums and let you guys know what the
results are.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here