Re: [compost_tea] Rotifers

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:55:02 EST

Most rotifers like stagnant water, so proliferation of rotifers is not a
good sign.

You know you are over the edge, however, when the ciliates reach high
numbers.

Elaine

I have been growing a culture of cyanobacteria (and of host of other
things that I scooped up in the process). I'm beginning to notice a
signifcant number of rotifers in the culture mix. Are they good, bad
or indifferent.

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institute Cambridge, New Zealand
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho
Soil Foodweb Inc., South Africa