Re: [compost_tea] very disapointing soil test

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:41:58 EST

Hi Daniel -

Thank you so much for taking the comments the way they were meant, and not
responding with ego blaring.

You have convinced me that you probably know your arse from a hole in the
ground.........

It is a real pleasure to work with someone more interesting in understanding
than in defending their point of view.

I look forward to continuing to learn from you, as you have learned from me!
 We are all in this TOGETHER.

Elaine Ingham

In a message dated 3/9/2005 11:11:33 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
danielfury_at_yahoo.com writes:

> SFI methods tell you what is really there. Isn't
> that what you need to
> know? Do you want SFI to be giving you false data
> so you can feel good about
> your results, or do you want to know what is really
> there?

i have a HUGE ego to satisfy! That requires HUGE
results damnit! ;) I understand what your saying
though but humility is so rarely practiced with people
in the professional world. Its practially condemned
because the next guy to come around might convince
more people of his methods based only on his
confidence; doesnt mean he knows his arse from a hole
in the ground.

The dialogue between the advisor and I indicated that
the biology is far inferior to the compost and tea
that I apply. She tests Alane Webers tea and compost
regularly, which is the tea and compost I use, and she
was very suprised to see how low my numbers were when
compared to the tea and compost numbers. I obviously
got caught up in the ACT hype thinking our soiless
media would become colonized with little time. I know
things arent sticking like they should though becuase
when we planted a plant directly into Alane's compost,
the results were a AMAZING! So if her compost can
produce growth like we saw and our media ammended with
her compost and smothered in tea cannot, we've got
something to work on.

Thank your for explaing how coir repells organisms.
That is exactly what I needed to understand. Im gonna
play with other mediums and let you guys know what the
results are.

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institute Cambridge, New Zealand
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho
Soil Foodweb Inc., South Africa