Re: [compost_tea] Re: CT and soiless media

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:56:04 EST

---Elaine, Which lab tested Mark Highland and Chandrappa Gangaiah's
ACT? How often,etc.? What standard methods were used? Dennis Kemnitz

All SFI testing is done by direct determinations. DIC for total fungi,
protozoa, and nematodes, FITC for total bacteria, and FDA for activities.

Chandrappa did some of his own testing, while the SFI lab in Corvallis did
the confirmation that his assessments were right on.

Mark Highland's assessments were done by the SFI lab in New York.

How often? As required for the experiments they did. All teas were
assessed for biology, typically bacteria, fungi and protozoa.

All SFI labs have a constant quality control program, so we know we are
assessing the same things.

Hope this helps!

Elaine