[compost_tea] Re: SFI requirements

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:37:34 -0000

--- Hello Elaine, Relative to your message  12091 (previous message)
and your offer to explain methods below, where do I find methods
DIC, FITC, and FDA?  Are they in Water and wastewater analysis or
BAM OR How about just sending me an e-mail with them enclosed? Also
what do those abbreviations stand for. Am I correct in assuming
direct determination is using direct microscopic methods? I have no
agenda. Just TRYING to get my ACT to a point I can verify it's
quality. Dennis Kemnitz in KS

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, soilfoodweb@a... wrote:
> Hello Elaine....Please let us know the following.  Thank you.
>
> Perhaps it would be of benefit for all if you detailed what your
folks in
> the field have been trained in.  (Depth of study, length of time,
etc.)
> Perhaps all this info is on your site?  If so, where does one
find it?

> Please go look at my web site, all this information is there.

> I am currently President of Soil Foodweb Inc, and affiliate
faculty at
> Southern Cross University, in the Graduate Studies Program.  I
have been  working
> in the world of soil microbiology since 1977.

> I have over 100 publications in the peer-reviewed, scientific
literature.  I
> have over 75 on which that I am the senior author.  I  have not
published a
> great deal in the scientific literature in the last 5  years, as I
have been
> working on how to take the lab, greenhouse and field  studies done
to field,
> practical applications.  That takes awhile.

> I was a professor at Oregon State University for many years,
before I ran
> smack into the bio-tech industry through the work of a graduate
students, Dr.
> Michael Holmes.  I left Oregon State University in 2001.

> I have a BA from St. Olf College, my master's degree from Texas
A&M,  and my
> Ph.D. from Colorado State University.  All the details of the
degrees and
> dates and thesis etc at on my curricullum vitae, which is on the
SFI  website.

> All the methods I use are well-documented, accepted, peer-
reviewed
> assessment methods.  The methods we use for doing bacteria and
fungi are  the ORIGINAL
> methods against which everyone else's methods had to be compared
in  order to
> correlate whether they work or not.  Protozoa and nematode
methods  are
> well-established in the scientitif literature, and are methods
that I wrote  the
> methods chapters, or my husband wrote methods chapters in the SSS,
or  AAAS
> methods books.

> Plate count methods cannot possibly assess even a tiny fraction of
the
> actual biology present in the soil, or the diversity in soil.

> The others labs use the SFI methods which I developed.  So if you
suggest
> SFI methods
> are not somehow acceptable or scientifically proven, then you have
to  reject
> most of the other labs that do not use plate count methods.

> Anyone who wants to ask me about methods are perfectly welcome to
do  so.
> Just be honest about your agenda in asking, please.

> Elaine Ingham

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links