Re: [compost_tea] too much N

From: LB <rlbct_at_clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:07:15 +1300
> Could a strategy be devised to treat the sawdust with
> a particular tea then spread the sawdust about 1/2 in
> or less plus have that benefit pasture.

I imagine that too thick a  layer of sawdust would be limiting the amount of
oxygen that permeats into the soil below.  Decomposers (fungi) in the
sawdust will use up O2 ?
Perhaps a good strategy would be to band the sawdust into narrow strips?
Or add a sprinkle of sawdust every so often as the previous lot gets
processed...

Lynton

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here