Re: [compost_tea] Is ACT urgently needed?

From: Stephen Steyn <ssteyn_at_wcaccess.co.za>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:55:18 +0200

Well Robert Norsen, if your government would only recognise the urgency of =
global pullution and global climatic change, then maybe it would commit the=
 USA to reducing its pollution. As you probably know the USA is the worlds =
worst polluter, even when measured per capita. If the USA would ,for exampl=
e, commit to the Kyoto Protocol on global pollution, it would take care of =
your points 1 to 5 through the market place.
Second point is that ACT will sell itself if we can document, beyond any do=
ubt, what it can do. We need some structure to our arguments, we need a pro=
ven protocol for its application and use, and we need documented, verifiabl=
e and supported criteria to convince the general public of its benefits. If=
 we don't have at least this, we will be regarded as part of the lunatic fr=
inge like the greenies were a few years back. We have "standards" for ACT, =
now we need to show a causal relationship between these standards and measu=
red benefits. One thing in our favour is that the cost of ACT is so low as =
to be almost nil.
Once the population has accepted ACT, you and I will of course be pilgrims =
in some other cause - thats in our nature, right?
Anyone want to slay me? goforit.
Steve Steyn