[permaculture] Does Permaculture have to be so expensive???

Larry London escreveu:

> [...]

Dear Friends of Permaculture-- I have seen course announcements here of some really marvellous courses,
beautiful places and people-- makes one want to do ALL of them... But they all cost near US$1,000 or even much
more.  That is such an incredible amount of money ... Is that a normal price for courses in the States?  Does
one have to be elite to do Permaculture?  Is money so much easier there than here ?  I can imagine the US$1,000
for a course would be heavy for any middle-class family budget, or am I totally out of it?  Is it so expensive
to put on a course in the States?  It makes me kind of sad...  Somehow it seems in conflict with the spirit of
Permaculture, somehow it seems that  if we did Permaculture well, we wouldn't have to charge so much for a
course...(I am not criticizing nor moralizing.  Am sincerely wondering what factors are involved here.I assume
that if this price is charged, there was a necessity for it)
    We have recently lowered our prices from some US$400 ( it varies) to US$185 for the same course...We were
worried that it was too expensive. (And it was aimed at university-trained level people.  The really poor
people don't pay anything anyway...)
    Just  mentioning that this perception of prices has been a bit unsettling to me...

Marsha

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/1060

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu