Off topic - changing from Windows to Linux/Gov't & Industry

Dear All
Part of what Sanet is about is being a supportive community for those courageous, strong....(whatever) enough to change.
I use Linux and love it. Yes Fred the awareness created by debate in the media has helped, but the fact that I can have an operating system that is better, more stable and only fifteen dollars helps. Then I use Star Office for the usual range of tasks - word processing, spreadsheets, presentations etc. That cost me $50.00 including printed manual.
There are solutions out there for a broad range of tasks from agriculture to computing for those not wanting to be beholden to organisations who seem to them to be exploitive.
It helps if we all prosper them.
David
David Hine
Atkins Rd. Cawongla
via Kyogle NSW 2474
Australia

http://nrg.com.au/~fresherb

Sustainable Agriculture: Productivity, System Resilience, Maintenance of Natural Assets, and Equity for Producers.