Barnacle geese

I hope all the discussion about the Barnacle Geese not being countable
doesn't discourage people from going to see the birds.  Countable or not
they are Barnacle Geese (at least they look like it), and are neat looking
birds­don't count 'em, just look at them (I actually stopped by to check
them out on my way back from the zoo in Asheboro to see a Green Jungle Fowl
to video tape it­the fowl­ for an upcoming project I'm working on­the Red
Jungle Fowl <Gallus gallus> is the ancestor of the chicken).

There are more waterfowl/game bird fanciers/breeders along the east coast
than one might think.  The Eurasian Widgeon is popular among them and I've
seen Cinnamon Teal, Bufflehead, Harlequin Duck, Mallard... in collections
as well.

Also, many of the Peregrine Falcons we see in the east are from reintroduced
stock.

My point?  I don't know exactly.  But, if you don't go see the Barnacle
Geese in Greensboro because you can't count them, you may never see one
unless you see one in someone's collection, visit a zoo, or go to Europe.
Just because your on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.

And, if those two geese in Greensboro are not wild, they at least have the
desire to be.

They are indeed handsome little geese.

--
Greg Dodge