Raleigh CBC and So. Pines CBC

Raleigh by midday Saturday were Great Egret and Rufous Hummingbird.  I
managed to band the Rufous that morning, accompanied by folks from the Cary
News (anyone seen the article yet?  Do not know when it may have/will run
unfortunately...).  She was a healthy adult female.  Also, two orioles were
reported from Shelley Lake in addition to Will's--which is pretty amazing
for
this count.  His *flock* of Redheads was a terrific find as well.  A final
total number of species has yet to be determined (probably around 95).

On Sunday during the Southern Pines Count, the only notable species was
Rufous Hummingbird.  These were the birds banded by me ten days ago at
Woodlake(and reported in our local paper, The Pilot, yesterday).  Again the
final species total is not available but I expect it to be in the
mid-nineties--which is pretty good given the rain and wind we had.

-Susan