Jordan Lake

I made a lunch-hour swing by Jordan Lake today, hoping to pick up some of
the nice ducks Ricky Davis and Doug Shadwick, et al., had found on Sunday.
No such luck - the conditions were windy and chilly, and the best I could
manage in such a short time were some bufflehead and a pair of horned
grebes.  A small group of far off Aythya-somethings could realistically have
been any of four (well, probably two, based solely on probability, but I'll
harbor hopes...) species, but they were turned directly towards me, making
the only observable field mark the blue bill.  A few pied-billed grebes were
also about amongst the hordes of cormorants and other usual suspects.

It's amazing how inconvenient having to work can be sometimes...

-Sandy

--
Sandy Cash
Durham, NC