Barb and Birds

Hi Carolina Birders !!!   I have good and bad news. We got all three species
of Rosy-Finch plus the Hepburns Sub-species and the Northern Shrike on the
VENT trip to Colorado last week, plus fifty other species.

     Now for the bad news---Barbara had her gallbladder removed tuesday and
all was routine except that they discovered cancer on her liver, abdominal
wall, and the lip of the bowell. She feels good , is at home, and will have
more tests next week as the CTScan was inconclusive yesterday. We are all in
a state of shock and ask that you pray for us.

     We will miss the winter CBC Meeting, but we want everyone to know that
many oy our best bird memories are from CBC Meetings!! We hope to see you at
the Spring Meeting.   Bob and Barbara Maxwell