Sandhill Crane report of 1/21

On the same day that Judy "birdwalker" (1/21) saw sandhill cranes at
HBSP,Marilyn and I were traveling south on 17Bypass just south of 544 and
near the new Lowes store and about 10-15 minutes from HBSP. As we drove by
the drainage ditch on the right near Lowes, I saw for a "fast 2 seconds" what
I thought was a sandhill crane with a few egrets. Due to the depth of the
ditch I could not tell if other birds were present. Also could not pull over
due to traffic.  I was able to return a few hours later but no birds were
present at that time.
Thanks to Judy's sighting I now believe that I saw one sandhill crane.

Jim Bardsley
Murrells Inlet , SC

Note: I  tried to report this earlier but was on AOL6  which does not run
easily . I reverted to AOL5 and should be succssful this time.