For the Record:

C'Birders:

Apparently the Black-Chinned male Hummer, (Mr. Tea), left when I did, that
is,  Feb. 1.  Still no sign of him according to Mrs. McCormick so assume
he's gone for good.  Susan Campbell says this is the time when this species
would be getting ready to leave for the north from its normal wintering
territory.

Thanks to people who responded to my query about their sightings, RK of
Tenn. saw Toast, the Cinnamon teal, most recently, on Monday, the 5th.  We
looked for him yesterday specifically without going out on the boat, but
didn't see.  Since all the other ducks are still around I would guess he's
still here.

Our imm. male Ruby-throat is still guzzling away at the feeders.  I mention
this because there are birders, you know who you are, that try to do high
counts when they come to the coast.

CB and I are off to the Outer Banks;  my husband is here so feel free to
stop by 674 Sunset Lakes Blvd. if you can't find Toast from the dam/road.

Good Birding,
Mary McDavit, Lake Medcalf of Sunset Lakes, Sunset Beach, NC
osprey1@mindspring.com