You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00013 Jun 2007

Jun 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear Raama BhakthAs :

Our Family started from a village near Kaanchi (Tattai Vamsam)
and migrated to PoundarIkapuram , which is three
or four miles from Oppiliappan Sannidhi . While livingn at
Poundarikapuram , our family had lands at Maangudi
known otherwise as ChathurvEdhamangalam . My father's
family moved from PoundarIkapuram in the thirties and
settled down at Oppiliappan Sannidhi .

A temple for Sri Raama was built at Maangudi by
the villagers  and my granfather's brother was an AarAdhakar
at this temple sixty years back . The temple was in a small hut
in those days and there were  half a dozen residents in that
one street (Sannidhi Street ) of the Village of Maangudi .

Recently , another native of Maangudi , Sriman Srinivasan
NarayaNan sent me the picture of the ArchA Moorthys
worshipped today there . I am delighted to see that there
is a better home for the Lord there . At the nearby village of
PoundarIkapuram that gave birth to the Founding Jeeyar of
Srimath  PoundarIkapuram Andavan , a new temple was
built and consecrated few years ago largely due to natives ,
whose families have done well after they migrated to the cities
and are doing well .

Please enjoy the sevai of Lord Raamachandra and His Family
at Maangudi . Thnak you Sriman SrinivAsan !

Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com