You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00023 Jun 2007

Jun 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Kindly make available the picture of Sri Ramar.It was not recd with
the mail and is not also in the Oppiliappan yahoo site.
Dasan
krishnaswamy
--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan@...>
wrote:

> SrI:
>
> Dear Raama BhakthAs :
>
> Our Family started from a village near Kaanchi (Tattai Vamsam)
> and migrated to PoundarIkapuram , which is three
> or four miles from Oppiliappan Sannidhi . While livingn at
> Poundarikapuram , our family had lands at Maangudi
> known otherwise as ChathurvEdhamangalam . My father's
> family moved from PoundarIkapuram in the thirties and
> settled down at Oppiliappan Sannidhi .
>
> A temple for Sri Raama was built at Maangudi by
> the villagers  and my granfather's brother was an AarAdhakar
> at this temple sixty years back . The temple was in a small hut
> in those days and there were  half a dozen residents in that
> one street (Sannidhi Street ) of the Village of Maangudi .
>
> Recently , another native of Maangudi , Sriman Srinivasan
> NarayaNan sent me the picture of the ArchA Moorthys
> worshipped today there . I am delighted to see that there
> is a better home for the Lord there . At the nearby village of
> PoundarIkapuram that gave birth to the Founding Jeeyar of
> Srimath  PoundarIkapuram Andavan , a new temple was
> built and consecrated few years ago largely due to natives ,
> whose families have done well after they migrated to the cities
> and are doing well .
>
> Please enjoy the sevai of Lord Raamachandra and His Family
> at Maangudi . Thnak you Sriman SrinivAsan !
>
> Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional