Re: History of Archives

Elena,

(I respond to the list in hopes that we may avoid duplication, and
because this may be of interest to others).

You might want to get your hands on Clanchy's _From memory to written
record._ It deals with England, but the ideas he presents should apply to
other European countries. Even better, there has been a recent reprint, so
you might even be able to order it from a bookstore.

---MKK Yearl