Jon Reynolds

(I am posting this for my colleague Daniel Barbiero who worked with Jon at
Georgetown.)

I worked for Jon from 1990-1992, on a grant-funded project for organizing the
papers of the Jesuits' Maryland Province.  Jon hired me even though I had no
previous archives experience and no discernable conventional qualifications --
further evidence of his subtle sense of humor, I suppose.  But things worked
out, and I found myself taking to the work, at least partly by virtue of the
example Jon set.  In fact I'd still be at Georgetown if it hadn't been for the
minor detail of the grant not being renewed.  Jon was great to work for -- full
of wisdom, humor, and humanity, as others on this list have well noted.

I would like to collect these postings and send them on to Mrs. Reynolds.  I'm
sure she'd be gratified to know of the well-deserved high esteem in which Jon
was held by his colleagues.

Daniel Barbiero
Archivist
National Academies Archives