Re: quality assessment of LDS microfilms

For what it is worth.

Years ago while in graduate school at Bowling Green State University, I was
employed by the Preservation Lab of the University's Archives, aka the Center
for Archival Collections.  One of my tasks was to film the First Families of
Ohio collection for the LDS.  I can assure you that all ANSI standards were
followed and adhered to by the filmer and film developer/processor.  These
microfilm rolls had to be of exceptional work as they would not be accepted
into the LDS archive by the staff if the film did not meet ANSI or LDS
standards.  I think this is a great testament to the quality of work created by
the University Archives Lab and the LDS.

Incidentally, if anyone is looking to relocate to sunny Northwest Ohio, the
Center for Archival Collections is searching for a Director for their
Preservation Lab.  If interested in a job description, please contact the CAC
at 419.372.2411.

AJ Du Fresne, Pres.
The Archive Co.
888.424.5695