Re: Failure to Credit Fees

Regarding Tanya Elder's questions, the Rosenberg Library is a
privately-governed entity.  Our policies are reviewed and approved by
our Board of Directors.  We revise our regulations concerning reading
room use and reproduction of materials as the occasion warrants.

The battle to ensure that people and institutions credit our photographs
properly is without end.  We will contact the offending parties (if we
discover them) by letter and point out their error.  Its tone will be
pleasant or strong, depending on the circumstances.  The point is not to
collect the fee but to make sure that photos from our collections are
properly credited.   The statement concerning the fee for failure to
credit our images does have a deterrent effect.  I am aware of at least
one instance in which writing a letter to the offending person brought a
check for $100.