Burnin' a hole in pocket

Well that's what momma used to say. that money is just burnin a hole in your
pocket (gotta spend that money)

Anyway back to Matt Rauscher's request what should I purchase with $500.
matt wrote:
"... I am not sure exactly how much stuff will be flowing in."
AND
"I have been warned that a tidlewave <sic> of documents is quickly
approaching..."

First I would have the various departments purchase the records storage
cartons themselves. Supply them with the specs, part number, etc. Provide
them with instructions on proper preparation of records for transfer, such
as _NO_ hanging file folders, inventory list for each box, labeling for box.
Be prepared to show them how to do it.

Second
As stated in previous posting get reference materials. This morning I pulled
out my University Products Inc Catalog and started pricing some items
Archival storage boxes (corrugated, 200-lb.test letter/legal) 50 boxes @
$4.55 each = $227.55
File folders (acid free, lignin-free, letter size 100 per package) 10
packages @ $18.50 = $185.00

Subtotal for 1000 folders and 50 boxes = $412.50
This does not include shipping and handling.
We haven't even touched mylar sleeves, encapsulation, file labels, etc.,
etc., etc.

So final word spend wisely. I would, once again, purchase reference
materials. check the ARMA website and the SAA website for books and
materials. Also check the various online book dealers.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Woodside Summit Group, Inc
Richmond, Virginia
Tel: 804-744-1247 extension 23