From: Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer [mailto:c_crawfo@CULINARY.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 7:51 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: archives budget

>>> Peter Kurilecz <PAKURILECZ@AOL.COM> 02/09/00 07:22PM >>>
 >Pick up material on how to handle
>photographs and documents, books on preservation (I think the Northeast
>Conservation Center has just published a new volume -- check the archives).
>This will be money well spent.

The NEDCC has just published PRESERVATION OF LIBRARY & ARCHIVAL MATERIALS: A
MANUAL (Third Edition             Revised and Expanded), available for
$50.00.

However, for those with low budgets who have an Internet connection, the
full text of this is available on the Internet at:

http://www.nedcc.org/plam3/manhome.htm

You can consult the Internet copy of the manual and  print out sections if
you really want to, and save the $50.00 for other expenses.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist
Culinary Institute of America
433 Albany Post Road