Re: NCC Washington Update

Title: RE: NCC Washington Update

Sorry about the air conditioning, but I have to disagree with you on limiting postings for a few reasons.

1. Subscribers joining in the future will never have seen the web page listed and may not know the update exists

2.  The NCC update often has information relevant to the archival world

3.  For every person subscribed who does not want information from Washington (or about your National Archives of Australia etc...) there is probably one who does want the information.

4.  Getting information about far off archival happenings is one of the wonderful things about the list

5.  You might be able to have your system sort mail by subject line and avoid NCC posts.

6.  You surely can delete it.  In fact this is the only way for an individual to truly "customize" the listserve and only pick out those things useful and interesting to you.  Why should everyone stop getting Update because you don't want it- this system would not work.  As an example, I didn't want your post related to the NCC Update, I could have deleted it, I CHOSE to read and respond, this is the Beauty of the system!

Hope the temp cools off for you,

Regards,

Tom Heard