Adams Mark Hotel and potential SAA $$ penalties

Fellow listmembers and possible SAA Annual Meeting attendees:

As an annual meeting assistant and member of SAA since 1994, I've picked up
info along the way which not everyone may be aware.  In addition to a HUGE
penalty if SAA were to withdraw the meeting space at the Adams Mark in
Denver, there is also a penalty if SAA doesn't meet a a certain number of
rooms used by attendees during the conference - anywhere between 13K and
41K.  Meaning that if one decides to boycott the Adams Mark by not staying
at the hotel, SAA may ultimately have to pay the price (meaning also that
members will have to pay the price as well).

I'm not advocating for or against the Denver Adams Mark - I'll reserve my
judgement until I'm there and see first hand for myself - but I did want to
make everyone aware of the trickle down effect of their decision.  Let's not
hurt SAA (and ourselves) if we can help it!

Thank you.

Shari Christy, Archivist
AFRL/HO Archives
1864 4th St.