Re: documentation planning

After re-reading the original posting Christine's hypothesis appears spot on
since the position is to survey local history records in the town of
Westford, MA.

However I have a deeper concern. Is ten working days really enough time to
properly survey the records? Will the dollars offered bring in the right
consultant. The original post stated that the consultant will be working
with the following:

project director
60 town government agencies
local social/fraternal organizations.

The consultant will do the following:
write a summary report, as well as
submit recommendations for preserving, storing, securing and organizing the
records

Sorry folks but it appears a bit ambitious for the time frame allocated.
There are 80 hours allocated/contracted for (8 hours per day, 10 days of
service). Subtract at least 16 hours to write the summary and
recommendations and make a presentation  (pushing it a bit). That leaves a
minimum of 64 hours to survey the town's records. If you have 2 people per
agency that results in meeting with a minimum of 120 people. If you have 64
hours available and 60 agencies that allows only 1 hour per agency. Leaving
4 hours to meet with the project director.

Is the rate of $300 per day a good one. I don't know, depends upon how many
hungry consultants there are, but the contract doesn't mention anything
about  expenses (travel, room and board, etc).

Don't get me wrong. The project sounds interesting, but I would have an
extremely hard time justifying my bidding on the project.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Woodside Summit Group, Inc
Richmond, Virginia
Tel: 804-744-1247 extension 23