VIRUS ALERT--LOUIS ARMSTRONG ARCHIVES ATTACHMENT

Hello Everyone,
It appears that the attachment to one of our
postings may be infected with a virus. In case
you're not already aware of this, here's a snip
from one of the other warning postings:

The file attachment curato~1.doc you sent to the
recipients listed above
was infected with the W97M/Marker.gen virus and
was successfully cleaned.

If you still have this message in your mailbox, do
not open this attachment and delete the message.
If you have opened the attachment, contact your
systems people as soon as possible and avoid
sending any mail with attachments until talking
with them. (It's likely your attachments will
contain the virus program.)

I have contacted the poster of suspicious
attachment [I inadvertedly sent my initial message
to the entire list]. I'm sure he was probably
unaware that his computer was infected and that
his attachment contained a virus.

As a general rule, I would urge members to avoid
sending attachments to the list as much as
possible. If you need to send an attachment, it is
a good idea to use the simple text format whenever
possible. It is also prudent never to open an
attachment [especially a nontext attachment]
unless you are absolutely sure of its integrity.

Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator
Miami University Archives
Oxford, Ohio 45056