Re: Looking for a Home

** High Priority **

Dear Bobs:  We would very much like to have the Mauldin book if someone else hasn't requested it already.  Thanks.  Anne Taylor

>>> Bobs Tusa <Bobs.Tusa@USM.EDU> 03/09/00 07:29AM >>>
        Had another visit from our long-time donor.  This time he brought four books:

        Virginia Law, "Appointment Congo" (Chicago: Rand McNally, 1966.  "... A
simple, sincere and moving story of human beings.  How a dedicated
misionary family strikes successfully at undevelopment, misunderstanding
and ignorance ...."  Inscribed and autographed by the author.

        Taro Yashima, "Horizon Is Calling" (NY: Henry Holt, 1947).  "This is an
autobiograpical book telling, in pictures more than words, the story of a
young Japanese resistance painter and his family.  It carries on the story
begun in 'The New Sun' [1943]."  With book jacket.

        Helen Zumo, "George, the Uninvited Ghost" (no place: no publisher, 1978).
About the ghost in her house.  Softbound.  Inscribed and autographed by the
author, a native of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

        Bill Mauldin, "Back Home" (NY: William Sloane, 1947).  Mauldin's
autobiographical text and cartoons about returning to the US after WWII.
With book jacket and inserted preview by John P. Marquand and biography of
Mauldin by E.J. Kahn, Jr.

        We'll pay postage.  Please include mailing address in reply.

Bobs M. Tusa, Ph.D.
University Archivist
William D. McCain Library and Archives
The University of Southern Mississippi