Curator and Archivist clash again

I need help! I need to know how organizations with archives and objects deal
with items such as flags and other small memorabilia.  My particular
situation deals with a Blood Chit from the Korean War.  It is a textile.
Because I have no experience or training in textile preservation or
conservation I have requested it be placed in the material culture
department under the Curator's care.  He insists that small items that
originate from archival collections should remain in the archives. In
addition, he insisted that if I house Confederate Money (which he says is a
textile) than I certainly can house other textiles. I totally disagree for a
number of reasons including care ( temp. and humidity contro, etc.l), and
cataloging needs.  How do you handle mixed collections??

Thanks for your help in advance.
Beth L.Carter