Re: Multiple Copies of Material in Archives

Here at Oregon State University Archives,  we usually keep two copies - one for
a use copy and one as a security copy, in case the first one walks off, or is
damaged somehow.  If it is an especially well made handbook or pamphlet, or
really nice looking one, we donate the extras to the Gifts and Exchange Office
at the Library.  They use it as incentives to get people to donate, and probably
a lot of other uses that I don't know about.

Janet Wendt
Janet M. Wendt, C.A.
Technical Services Archivist
University Archives