Packing and shipping materials

We have been requested to send two posters for an exhibit.  The museum
requesting the items sent a Print Pad from MasterPak, complete with
Puncture-Guard.  My question is, is this an acceptable shipping box for
posters with a combined value of $8,000?  My library director is
questioning the puncture resistance.  When I called MasterPak, I was
assured the box was very good, but they have no specifications as to how
much puncture resistance there is.  The response is that they purchase the
plastic liners from a good company; these are "professional quality boxes."

The requesting museum wants the items sent by FedEx.  We have never lost
anything through FedEx, and are very happy with their service. But we are
not sure their good service is up to shipping our irreplaceable posters.
My Director thinks we should require a professional museum packaging and
shipping company such as Artex. Artex is a great company but cost may be a
problem for the requesting museum.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with shipping materials in this
fashion?

Feel free to contact me off list.  And thanks for your help.

Erin

Erin Foley
Archivist
Circus World Museum