Re: How Many Photocopies is too Many?

No matter how finely tuned a policy is concerning limitations on copying
materials, exceptions will always arise.  These will need to be resolved
on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of the archivist.
(Diplomacy is one aspect of the art of being an effective manager.)
However, a good policy will help minimize these situations.

My department limits copying to less than 25 percent of a collection.
This is one of the rules on our sign-in form which researchers must read
and sign before they can use our materials.  However, any policy is only
as good as a willingness to enforce it.