sprinkler systems

Hello all:
Our library is in the process of planning for the installation of a
sprinkler system throughout the building. Based in part on the fire
suppression presentation I heard at SAA last fall, we have requested a mist
system for the Special Collections and Archives storage areas, but find
that the state insurers are balking at this idea, since mist is not as yet
widely used in the US. Non-water systems are not a viable option for this
building.

I'm looking for some experiences to share with them from anyone who has a
mist system or from anyone who got a standard wet-pipe, on-off system and
has had collections damage or other troubles with it. For anyone who
managed to get a mist system: what tactics did you use, particularly with
insurers?

Your replies much appreciated.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Jodi L. Allison-Bunnell