Re: job market

It seems to me that many of the jobs advertised are located in areas
that some of us aren't interested in moving to (inconvenient, cold,
unappealing?).  Many of us are not young (and unencumbered) to consider
temporary grant-funded positions unless they meet our geographic needs.
My own spouse has encouraged me to pursue some of these opportunities,
but frankly, I don't wish to make the sacrifices needed to do so.
Having a working spouse does give one more options, such as part-time
work until the right opportunity comes along.

I also discovered that not all positions get posted to this list --
maybe just the hard-to-fill ones?

Leslie Wagner