Anyone using APPM to catalog individual manuscripts?

All you archives and manuscripts catalogers out there,

Given the choice between AACR2R chapter 4  and APPM, I'm wondering which set
of cataloging rules you prefer for cataloging single manuscripts.  Or do you
use both depending on the kinds of manuscript you're cataloging?  For
example, might you use AACR2R/chap. 4 for a literary manuscript, but APPM
for a letter that forms part of a series that has been cataloged according
to APPM?

By the way, is there a section or roundtable in SAA for members who are
interested in cataloging?  I don't see anything on the SAA website, but
maybe I'm overlooking something?

Many thanks!

Marsha Maguire
Manuscripts and Special Collections Cataloging Librarian
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900
Seattle, Washington  98195-2900
(206) 543-8407