Re: attachments/evil

I must agree with most of you that I do delete 99.99% of attachments
without opening them BUT - if I really want to view an attachment (only
from someone I trust, of course), I download the file to a floppy or ZIP
disk, run it thru the virus scanner, and then open only virus-free
files.

A very good point to be made. Even people we know may inadvertently send
a virus in an attachment. How many times of late have we seen a virus
sent across our list? "Sh** Happens!" If you really want to see that
attachment, better to take the time to download it to floppy and run the
virus scan, and you better have an up to date program. Once I tried to
download an attachment from a message I got from the list and my system
detected a virus before I had a chance to scan for it! Lucky me!
Anyway, as Fox Mulder always says "TRUST NO 1"
Have a great weekend!
Phil Donahue
Personnel Director/Records Management Officer
Board of Elections in the City of New York
42 Broadway 7th floor
(212) 487-5340 fax (212) 487-5349
pdonahue@boe.nyc.ny.us

FISH HARD *(((