Re: Moveable shelving

The "outside" movers in our instance loved our collection
because the boxes carry accession numbers (1970-2, 1970-3)
so order was not a major problem.  Insofar as getting boxed
materials (office files, etc.) I used a CAD program to create
a blueprint of the area and marked on it in RED exactly
where each box was to go, so it didn't matter the order
they were moved....the movers were easily able to read
these and the moving supervisor later told me our area
was among the easiest to move correctly.    Moving the
regular library collection upstairs was a headache for
them because of the long LC numbers (F 319 .P4 E25 1993)
does that come before (F 319 P32 E25 1992)....things like
that which take scads of moving time...

Dean