Fair Oaks and Orangevale records

Hello List--

Institutional memory tells us that archival records of Sacramento area development companies Fair Oaks Colony and Orangevale Colonization Company were sold in the late 1960s or early 1970s.  They were sold by rare book dealer Herb Caplan of Argus Books here in Sacramento.  We think he sold the records to special collections at a major university library.  We have a researcher working on Orangevale.  Does anyone know where these records are?

Thank you--

Stasia Wolfe
Archivist
Sacramento Archives and Museum Collection Center
551 Sequoia Pacific Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95814
916-264-7072