Some CD vs tape questions

Hi, folks!

Sorry for such heavy issues so late in the week:-)  We are doing a photo
digitization project. We are actually working out some basic issues with our
scanning vendor before we begin scanning in the near future.  Now a couple
of questions:

*       Does anyone have any evidence (or know where I can find some) that
putting labels on CDs is harmful (or not)?
*       Does anyone have any preferences about storing the images (including
the high resolution archival TIFFS) entirely on archival CDs as opposed to
having an archival backup on tape (such as Mammoth by Exabyte)?

Please respond directly to me.

Have a great weekend!

Lynn

Lynn Ewbank, photo archivist