Friends of the Medallion

We have in our collection 12 volumes of a set published by the "Circle of Friends of the Medallion in Manhattan," Volume 1 dates 1909, Volume 12 June 1915. The volumes contain a metal medallion of various historic figures (one or two persons depicted on either side of the medallion--i.e. Henry Hudson, Joan of Arc) inset in a thick, stiff "page" with a few pages of historical information about the figure and information about the design on the medallion. There are also a few pages on the "Circle of Friends..." which apparently was dedicated to preserving and encouraging interest in "small sculpture" as an art form. I have not been able to find any other information about these "books" nor the "Circle". Does anyone recognize these and/or have suggestions where I might look for more information?

Lisa Kochik
Local History Librarian
Adriance Memorial Library
93 Market Street