Measures of productivity

Does anyone have any referral sources or information regarding measures
of productivity in an archives?  We are in the process of requesting
additional funding and FTE's for our archives, and have been asked to
locate information on how other archives measure productivity.  For
example, "on average, how long does it take to process a collection", or
"what is the ratio of intake for a given year to collections processed
for that year".  We, as the archivists here, understand that is a
difficult concept to gauge since every collection is different in many
respects (i.e. organization at intake, preservation concerns, size of
collection, size of staff, etc...).  But as you know, most budgetary
concerns involve 'numbers' and proving necessity on paper.

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Dorothy Gruich
Senior Archives Associate
Archives of the History of American Psychology

--
Visit the new Psychology Archives web site at:
http://www.uakron.edu/ahap/

begin:vcard
n:Gruich;Dorothy
tel;fax:330-972-2093
tel;work:330-972-7285
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Archives of the History of American Psychology
version:2.1
email;internet:gruich@uakron.edu
title:Senior Archives Associate
note:The University of Akron, 330-972-7285
adr;quoted-printable:;;225 S. Main Street=0D=0APolsky's Bldg - Room LL10-A;Akron;OH;44325-4302;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Dorothy Gruich
end:vcard