Re: Scanner recommendations

Please send any responses to Craig's request to the list.  I'm making an assumption that there are many of us interested in this subject.

Thank you!
Amy

Amy L. Williams
Archivist
Harry S. Truman Library
500 West US Highway 24
Independence, MO  64050
(816)833-1400, ext. 252

>>> SMITH Craig A <SMITH_Craig_A@OSLMAC.OSL.STATE.OR.US> 05/01/00 12:57PM >>>
Hello,

We would like to scan our thousands of B/W historical print and negative photographs.   Our negatives are both nitrate and glass.

Plans are to scan at 300 dpi for customer use via CD-ROM.

What recommendations do you offer for purchase of a quality, reasonably price scanner that will scan negatives.

--craig

Craig A. Smith
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE