Re: Measures of productivity

Please post results to the list.

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   dorothy gruich [SMTP:gruich@UAKRON.EDU]
        Sent:   Monday, May 01, 2000 2:11 PM
        To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
        Subject:        Measures of productivity

        Does anyone have any referral sources or information regarding
measures
        of productivity in an archives?  We are in the process of requesting
        additional funding and FTE's for our archives, and have been asked
        locate information on how other archives measure productivity.  For
        example, "on average, how long does it take to process a
collection", or
        "what is the ratio of intake for a given year to collections
processed
        for that year".  We, as the archivists here, understand that is a
        difficult concept to gauge since every collection is different in
many
        respects (i.e. organization at intake, preservation concerns, size
of
        collection, size of staff, etc...).  But as you know, most budgetary
        concerns involve 'numbers' and proving necessity on paper.

        Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

        Dorothy Gruich
        Senior Archives Associate
        Archives of the History of American Psychology

        --
        Visit the new Psychology Archives web site at:
        http://www.uakron.edu/ahap/