Re: Fwd: (Fwd) Vietnam

Just a sidenote to the statement that John Foster Dulles and company would not
allow free elections in 1954 Vietnam:  That was also the year that the CIA
(Dulles) destabalized the freely elected Guatemalan government of Jacabo Arbenz
and established the military strongman Costillo Armas (even using the American
Air Force).  Armas was just one of the many despots the CIA
established/supported throughout the region at that time that led to continued
unrest in the Americas, though public attention had been redirected with
Indochina.