Re: Student Records - a survey

Steve:

Here at Wake Forest University all student records and later transcripts are
in the Registrar's vault. They are currently having the early ledger books
microfilmed with the idea of placing these early student records in the
Archives. I have been trying for 35 years to get them to let us have these
records.

All records received from the academic and administrative departments are
still controlled by these offices that give permission for non-staffers to
use these records.

"STEVEN P. FISHER" wrote:

>  I would like to ask my C & U colleagues to answer a quick question about
> student records. Who is responsible at your institution - the Archivist
> or the Registrar - for inactive student records?  I am talking about
> records of deceased students or records older than say 50 years.
>
>  Please respond to me off list and I will summarize to the list.
>
>  Steve Fisher
>  University of Denver
>  sfisher@du.edu

--Cordially,