FWD: NARA proposed rule, opportunity for comment

NARA published a proposed rule in the May 8, 2000 Federal Register at page 26542.  The proposed rule revises 36 CFR part 1253, NARA's regulation that lists NARA facilities and hours when the public and other Federal agency staff may use the records in those facilities.  This proposal updates information on NARA facilities throughout the United States, including the addition of two new facilities and the deletion of a closed NARA facility.  Additional revisions include corrections to addresses, providing e-mail addresses for the Presidential libraries, the addition and correction of phone and fax numbers, and, in some cases, modifications to the hours that these facilities are open for research.

We invite your comment on the proposed rule by June 7, 2000.

We have a link to the proposed rule on our Opportunities for Public Comment page (http://www.nara.gov/nara/pubcom.html).  You can also access it electronically through GPO Access at http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/fedreg/a000508c.html.