Shelf location in MARC records?

Dear list members,

Our library and archives will be installing the ALEPH 500
system in the fall. Up until now, the archives' records have
not been cataloged in MARC format, but my plan is to create
minimal records for all of our collections, using the new
system. Our vendor is trying to convince me to enter the
shelf location of each collection in the call number field,
but I have some major hesitations about this.

I'd like to hear from people who can comment on this idea.
Is this what you do? --or do you think it's a bad idea?
What if the collection has more than one location?

Anyone else who is in a similar stage of cataloging, please
feel free to write. I would welcome the contacts.

Thanks,
Joy Kingsolver
Chicago Jewish Archives
Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies